Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

U/S-BT Follow Up Visit #2

My follicles are developing!  Right now they are at about 10 mm.  No wonder my ovaries feel like they are too big for my belly!  My blood work came back great too.  I will be using 50 units of Follistim for the next two mornings, no Menopur (the diarrhea inducing devil of my fertility cocktail) tonight, and only half a vial tomorrow night.  I will have my third follow up Sunday at 8 am.

Dr. C thinks that I should "go," as in go in for retrieval, no sooner than Wednesday but more likely on Thursday or Friday.  Today I played the scramble game trying to find coverage for Friday, (I'd already covered Wednesday and Thursday per my original schedule.)  Thankfully I found help in the form of a traded shift with my co-worker R.  He's been awesome about being flexible through all of this.  Well actually all of my co-workers are pretty awesome about my ever changing moods and IVF schedule. This day or two later schedule means that my implantation will also probably be later by a few days.  But only time will tell. 

My latest and far from greatest side effect...  I'm breaking out like I'm a sixteen year old teenager again.  It seems like overnight my neck, back, chest, and face are covered with small red bumps that don't exactly look like acne, but really can't be anything else.  Out of all the things I wish I could recapture from my teen years, my troubled complexion is not the one I'd pick.  How about my ability to sleep in any position, no matter how uncomfortable, and not wake up stiff and achy.  Or my super metabolism that let me eat all I wanted without gaining a pound. But no, I get the acne of my teens...

No comments:

Post a Comment