Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A trip home

Saturday my Mom and I packed up the car and headed back to our home state of Wisconsin.  From Indianapolis it is only a 4.5 hour drive.  Except for this time, this time everyone was going somewhere it seemed.  We made it in just under six hours.  Along the way we got to see how much the windmill farm had grown.  And it had grown quite a bit since the last trip up.
We stopped for brunch in Merriville at Bakers Square.  Then we hit Chicago hell.  Over 30 minutes of stop and go of 5 mph or less.  YUCK!
Check out that line of cars!
 It was a couple hours before we saw this.
The latter part of the day consisted of a visit with the Aunts and Uncles and cousins.  Then I headed to my Dad's.  Sunday I got to spend time with my two nieces, Ciera who just turned five, and Isabella who is 17 months old.  Check out these cuties!
Isabella
My Dad, aka Gramps, breaks out the guitar

Can I play too?

Ciera




Sunday night I went for dinner with my friend A.  I had an extra tasty pork tamale, enchilada style, fresh guacamole, and a virgin strawberry daiquiri.  YUM!  After some catching up I went back my Dad's to relax and enjoy a little me time with a book.  I slept in Monday.

Dad and I went to see the new "the Thing" movie, which I really enjoyed!  Then we headed over to my brother and sister-in-laws house to have dinner and visit some more with the girls.


 I love this picture.  Everyone is smiling and even Kazi (the little dog in the right corner) made it into the photo.  I am hiding behind Ciera a little bit, but that's okay, you can still see its me!

This one isn't so great.  I'm really hidden in this one and the baby isn't smiling.

Tuesday came too soon and we had to headed home.  But I really missed my guys, the hubby and the cat!  It was nice to sleep in my own bed, but I'm still tired from the trip.  Work was so not on my list of things I wanted to do today.  I think an early bedtime is in order.


No comments:

Post a Comment