Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I have drugs!

We received a very large box today containing all of the "goodies" I will required over the next couple months.
I sat down and laid everything out.  It still looks like a lot, but a little less intimidating.
The large red thing in the back is my needles disposal box and almost everything in the left two rows are needles and syringes (with the exception of the two amber vials and the bottom of the second row.)

I received my Lupron.
Lupron (aka Leuprolide) $5.00
I received my Follistim and Menopur.
This is just the injector, the drug is placed inside the pen.  Follistim $30.00

Menopur $283.96 (The expensive one!)
I also receive hCG.
hCG $$5.00

And my progesterone in oil.

Progesterone in Oil $47.00
And then the more normal things like the Doxycyline, diazepam, Prometrium, and methypredisolone pills.

All together my medications were $385.22.  Add that with my metformin, pre-natals and birth control and my total medication costs for IVF are $407.22.  Considering most people pay upwards of $3000, I don't think that's half bad at all.

I will be learning how to use all of these tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment