Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

U/S-BT Follow Up Visit #1

My first follow up didn't go quite as well possible.  Dr. C said that my ovaries aren't showing much development.  Apparently this is pretty common with PCOS and I shouldn't worry, which is easier said than done.  My blood work came out better than my ultrasound.  The conclusion.  I need more medication.  I upped my Menopur inject tonight and my Follistim amounts will go back up to 125 units for the next two days.  I won't have a follow up until Friday due to my slow start.  Sarah told me that this is perfectly normal and shouldn't impact our odds or time line.  Here's hoping.

On a side note, I have been keeping a spreadsheet of the fertility bills.  So far we are at about $1,500.  This includes my surgery and all its related expenses, like the anesthesiologist's bill.  This is more than we were expecting at this point in the process, but we hadn't accounted for all of the lab work.

PS:  Menopur is my least favorite medication.  It leaves me with awful looking bruises and terrible diarrhea.

No comments:

Post a Comment