Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The dog sitting begins...

I got up before the sun today and took my Mom to the airport.  For the next ten days I will be dog sitting Sally, my Mom's Norwegian Elkhound.  Sally is sweet, but she sheds entirely too much!  She also tends to sulk when my Mom leaves.  Right now she's sleeping in her crate, door open.  This will be the case for most of my time here.  Despite the fact that when I come visit (when my Mom is here,) she will not leave me alone and demands attention.  I think she misses her Mommy...

After dropping my Mom off at the airport I stopped back at "home" to let the dog out.  She's one of these that needs to be walked for bathroom breaks.  That's not so bad this time of the year, but in the winter or heat of the summer it can be a pain.  Not to mention when it rains!  So anyways, I come back from our walk and find that while I was taking my Mom to the airport she'd had a number two accident on my Mom's Turkish carpet.  This carpet was bought in Turkey during my Mom's European vacation.  It's gorgeous and expensive!  And the dog dropped some very gross and runny number two on it.  And guess how I found it...  If you guessed that I stepped in it and then proceeded to track it across the floor, you are correct.  Ewwww.

So now, I'm already running late for work and I have to clean up dog shit, less that three hours into my first day of dog sitting.  Hopefully this will not be the trend...

Tomorrow's agenda is frame making during the day and visiting the husband and cat in the evening.

Here's a picture of the puppy I'm sitting for....

Sally loves car rides
After she had a cyst removed from her front leg, she wouldn't leave the stitches alone and ended up wearing this cone for almost a month!  The sunglasses were just an expression of my strange sense of humor!


No comments:

Post a Comment