Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

I think I swallowed a pin cushion

So that sore throat I was talking about yesterday. It's still here!  And worse than ever.  It feels like my throat is sticking to itself and that every time I swallow or talk it rips apart.  Or perhaps I swallowed a pin cushion like the title of this post...  My voice is even all messed up.

So I bought a bag of Honey Luden's and proceeded to pop them like they were crack all day at work while sipping on hot water.  Plain, hot, water.  Yuck, but oh it felt soooooooo good.  It was helping too, until I managed to cut my tongue on a cough drop.  My husband says he's had this happen to him before, but it's a first of me. 

I'm off tomorrow.  Yeah!  I'm meeting up with a couple friends tomorrow morning.  And my evening will be spent with my hubby playing some Gears of War 3 on the 360.  Yeah!  I love the Gears games!

Batch three of my breakfast cookie just came out of the oven a little while ago.  I simmered some apples in cinnamon this time before adding them to the cookie dough. I haven't tried one yet, but man do they smell good.  But after a fantastic dinner I am just not hungry.  (And just so no one thinks I'm baking dozens of cookies a day, I'm doing super small batches.  This last one consisted of eight cookies, perfect size to test drive a new recipe.)

I made a wonderful chicken dish for dinner.  Boneless skinless chicken breast pan fried in olive oil until its very slightly golden.  Then I added one crushed clove of garlic, 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, and some frozen spinach.  I simmered all of that on low for 15 minutes and YUM!  The cheese makes a crispy coating and the spinach is delish!  I definitely will make this again, its quick and so easy.  I was going to take a picture of it but I forgot to bring my camera cord to upload it onto the computer.  So maybe next time!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment