Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Movie crazy

I'm going movie crazy here and my Mom's house.  I've watched a bunch since Tuesday.
The Thing
One of my favorites!

Devil
Eh... Don't bother.

Legion
Not great, the Prophecy was way better but i do so love apocalyptic movies.

The Final Destination
They really should have stopped making these

The Social Network
A must see and I love the soundtrack.  Trent Reznor is the man!

Pitch Black
Such a great sci-fi/thriller!

With the exception of The Social Network, it seems to be a suspense/thriller theme week.  I've seen all of these before except Devil and The Final Destination, but while I sand away at my homemade frame its perfect.

I've also been baking while I watch.  I've made two batches of flour free, sugar free breakfast cookies.  The first batch was too sweet, but still tasty.  I made that batch with almond meal, butter, Splenda, vanilla, an egg, cinnamon, apples, dried cranberries, and walnuts.  The cookies are high in protein and low in carbs and calories.  My goal is to have something quick and filling for breakfast.  But as I said the first batch was a little too sweet.

My second batch just came out of the oven.  This one has almond meal, flax meal, butter, vanilla, an egg, apples, dried cranberries, dried blueberries, and walnuts.  I forgot the cinnamon that I intended to use, oops.  I used less butter in this batch too.  This batch is a little bland but strangely addictive.  I think a little less flax meal and a little more almond meal for improved color and texture, and some cinnamon for extra flavor for my next batch.  Once I've got the winning version down I'll share that recipe on here.  I'll also attempt to figure out exactly how many calories, carbs, etc are in them.

My second class was today.  I've had a horrible sore throat all day so that made talking for over four hours lots of fun.  But otherwise the class went fine.  I sincerely hope I am not getting sick and this sore throat isn't the beginning of a cold.  My appointment with Dr. C. is next Monday!  I don't want to have to reschedule.  Who knows how long it would be before I could get in again?

Just to be on the safe side, I'm going to hit the sack early tonight, after chugging some OJ and popping a vitamin.  I'm kind of looking forward to sleep anyway.  Once again I was up before the sun today because of my class and the dog.  Tomorrow I don't start work until 10am which means I'm not getting my butt out of bed before 8am.  Thank goodness!




1 comment: