Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Shameless rant

Sleepy kitty
Today really took in out of me.  And while there wasn't anything specific to blame, lots of little things conspired to make today just down right draining.  It started with me being late to work.  Only by three minutes, but I hate being late, it seems to make the rest of the day feel out of rhythm.  This is the second time I've been late since they started construction on one of the intersections on my way to work.  There is a electronic traffic sign before the intersection warning you that traffic patterns have changed, and what lanes go where.  There is this weird divide with highway access on the far right and southbound traffic on the left, with stripped roadway and construction heaven in the middle.

Its been like this for over a week.  And surprise surprise, people still can't get it right.  The light (and it's a busy one) ends up with people trying to change lanes in the middle of the intersection at the last second.  Or people trying to turn and ending up in the wrong set of lanes, backing up into the intersection and trying to get to the right side.  I even saw a car turn into on-coming traffic on accident.  

Today there was an idiot who tried to turn at the tale end of a yellow light.  He didn't make it and the newly green lighted on-coming traffic didn't even slow down.  He ended up stuck between the highway lane and the southbound lanes.  He was freaking out the other drivers.  People would get close and finally see him and slam on their breaks, which made all the drivers behind them do the same.  He was still trying to get himself out of his predicament by the time I got through the light.  Normal this is an easy light.  You never get stuck at it.  Today it only took me three greens before I could get through (that's sarcasm in case it didn't come through in print.)

Idiot drivers!

Once I finally made it to work it was just a bunch of little things that kept piling up.  Some of them really stupid and nit-picky of me but once I'm really irritated its hard to snap out of it.  (Any one else like that?) For instance, someone had left a ladder sitting in front of the diabetic needs products.  It has been there for two days now.  I know they are working on the section but it seems like every patient needs something that's right behind that damned ladder.  I keep meaning to stick it in the stockroom, but I rarely get a chance.  And really, its not my job to clean up after others.  If I'd brought out the ladder you can bet I'd have put it back when I was done.

And where the ladder is... SMELLS BAD.  We think a mouse died in the wall (ewwww.)  The pest control company came and told us to give it a few days and the smell would go away.  Its been nearly two weeks...  It stinks just as bad, just not quite as strong.

And...  Every difficult patient we have called or came in today.

And...  We got really busy when my pharmacist stepped out to use the bathroom and when he came back he got stuck on the phone with someone for a long time so it was almost like I was by myself.

And... That person he got stuck on the phone with called four times today.  And she loves to talk.  And talk. And talk...

And... And. And!

By the time I got off of work all I could think about was going home, eating dinner, and passing the f. out.  But of course I had more work to do once I got home.  My next round of pharmacy technician certification classes (I teach them) starts next Thursday and I have some prep work that really should be done before the weekend.  But Monday's going to have to be good enough because after an hour of working on it, I'm done...

I forced myself to stay awake until my laundry finished, and now it is.  So I'm going to go get ready for bed.  I'm sure I'll be asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.  Sorry for the rant.

On a positive note...  I stumbled across a blog today.  The Bloggess.  The author is a columnist in Houston.  I was linked to her website by another blogger to this post.  And then I read a little more and found this one and this one.  And I'm hooked.  This woman is "funny as all heck and tarnation," (MSNBC's words but I agree!)


No comments:

Post a Comment