Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Saturday and a couple chances to laugh at me

So, last night I went to bed super early (for me) at 11pm.  I really should have gone to bed earlier than that as I'm a big believer in a full eight hours but...  I didn't.  And of course I couldn't fall asleep.  Because...  Well... Don't laugh now.  I freaked myself out.  See I LOVE horror/thriller movies.  But I tend to have an over active imagination.  So last night when I flipped on the bedroom light I thought I saw a shadow out of the corner of my eye.  It was probably just my eyes adjusting to the change in light or a hint of my new bangs getting in my view but...

I instantly remembered this scene in Insidious that my friend O and I watched last month when she was visiting.  *Spoiler alert, don't read the rest of this paragraph if you haven't seen the movie and don't want me to give anything away.*  There is a part in the movie where a medium comes to the house and enters the room of a child in a coma, his name is Dalton.  She then stands there staring at the child whispering what she "sees" to an assistant who then translates it into a sketch.  When they show the sketch all you see is a dark shadowy form with violent red slashes for eyes and mouth malevolently lurking above Dalton's bed.

So as I lay in bed in the dark I kept picturing that shadow.  And hence, creeped myself out.  Its okay to laugh now.  I know I laughed at myself this morning!  I finally feel asleep just after midnight only to wake almost seven hours later to my alarm.  It wasn't even light outside yet, which always feels down right wrong.

I met my friend AW at a park in town just after eight am.  I was late because I lost my keys.  Only they weren't lost.  They were looped on my finger, only I was carrying so much and half asleep so I didn't realize that as I dug through my purse that they were ON MY OTHER HAND.  Its okay to laugh at me now too, I did.  I was also late because Carmel was throwing yet another festival or something in downtown and all the roads were blocked.  And the detour they were routing us to got me a little lost and way out of my way.

So I finally make it to the park and it is PERFECT.  About sixty degrees and foggy.  I love a refreshing hike where I'm not sweating my ass off in the heat, and fog is just pretty and cool.  I remember telling people when I was little that I was walking in a cloud when it was foggy.  I guess that enchantment never wore away.

I had a wonderfully relaxing and grounding hike full of AW and I attempting to be photographers, great conversations, and dumb jokes (mine, all mine.)

Example:
Me: Wow all of my pictures of that bunny are blurry.
AW: Oh I got a really good one here, its in focus and you can see those fuzzy things he was eating sticking out of his mouth on both sides.
Me: So you got the "bunny-money shot."

We both laughed, but even I admitted it was a bad joke!

Then I headed home to change and head back out again.  Only once I got home I decided to lay down for a bit and close my eyes.  I set an alarm for twenty minutes just in case I fell asleep, but my cat decided to be an ass-hole and every time I got close to dozing, he'd jump ON me and MEOW.  Of course said cat has been passed out in my lap all night, you don't see me jumping on him and yelling.  Rude cat.

Anyways, my Mom and I went to the mall next.  Let me tell you, I hate the mall.  I prefer to shop on-line, thank you very much.  But she needed a gift for a friend in Sweden.  She's going over on the 20th and I'll be dog-sitting for her while she's gone.  While we were at the mall we went into Lids and I got Tony a new Eagles hat in celebration of football starting back up (his celebration, I'm just planning all the movies I will watch while he takes over the TV and lives and breathes football,) and to replace the one he left in Vegas.  He loved it!

I also picked up a copy of Dead Island for the 360.  I'm watching Tony play it now.  I LOVE ZOMBIES!  In this one you on an island in Africa and there has been an outbreak, the goal: you have to survive! Its cool because so much of it is just a "pick up any object and go to town killing zombies" type of game.  I think we might have to get another copy so I can play with him, but we'll see...

After the mall, my Mom and I watched Megamind while we started our picture project.  We have decided to go through ALL of our photographs and separate out what's mine, what her's, and copy the ones that are ours.  She's planning on retiring in two years and getting the hell outta the cold mid-west so we're just thinking ahead.  Personally I think if I do have a baby before that time she may never leave, but we shall see...  Sorry for the ramble.  Hope you could follow my tired, got-up-to-early-with-to-little-sleep writing.  What did you do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment